tamoline: (Default)
[personal profile] tamoline
For the last couple of weeks, we've had something cold or flu-like which either hasn't cleared up yet or - more likely in my opinion - had a couple of bugs in quick succession, especially because Louisa works at a university and it's the time of years bugs are rampant there. So, given the con starts on Thursday and our flight was booked yesterday, last Sunday we decided to cancel the trip, as per con policy.

It's definitely a bummer - the first time we've missed a con (barring the COVID years) since 2002 - and has certainly meant I haven't gotten c. 15 hours of uninterrupted writing time (or, honestly, much of any writing done in the last few days) but it's better than potentially infecting people at the con, especially because there might be immunocompromised people there. 

We're still taking the two weeks off, of course. If nothing else, Louisa really needs the break from her hellscape of a workplace and maybe - maybe - her boss will have stopped trying to deny the Occupational Health report that says she's under way too much stress by the time she gets back.

Ugh, as soon as I stop snotting all over the place, I'm also going to try and get back into the habit of getting up to go swimming at 5.10am before I completely lose the habit, preferably some time before I go back to work.

Also on Sunday I watched When Evil Lurks, which - really good movie, but do not watch if you're not into horror movies. I mean, I am but, possibly aided by still being ill, it stuck with me enough that I got mild nightmares, woke up at 3am and didn't go back to sleep for the rest of the night. The last time I remember that happening was over 20 years ago, so.

Date: 2023-11-01 10:29 am (UTC)
lunabee34: (Default)
From: [personal profile] lunabee34
Well, I won't be watching that one. LOL

I hope you both feel better soon.

Date: 2023-11-03 11:19 am (UTC)
lunabee34: (Default)
From: [personal profile] lunabee34
Very happy you are on the mend.

Profile

tamoline: (Default)
Tamoline

April 2025

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
202122232425 26
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 28th, 2026 09:25 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios