I only wrote one fic for the exchange this year:
Two Padawans Walk Into A Cave... (Star Wars - Ahsoka, Sabine Wren/Shin Hati)
“It seemed like a good idea at the time,” Sabine says.
Shin grunts. “You’re not the one whose leg is trapped by fallen rubble.”
“You were trying to kill me at the time,” Sabine points out. “So I’m still somewhat inclined to think of it as a good idea. Or would be if…” She gestures at their surroundings lit only by the harsh orange actinic glare from Shin’s lightsaber lying on the rocky floor.
“You weren’t also trapped in the cave by the avalanche you triggered,” Shin finishes sourly.
“Yeah,” Sabine agrees, a little smugly if she’s forced to be honest with herself. “That.”
To be fair, a large part of my inactivity was that there seemed to be a dearth of prompts in the requests this year, which meant I just didn't have much in the qay of inspiration to write much. (I could also blame a series of illnesses - which definitely didn't help and also threw me off my writing schedule something chronic - and also all the fics I wrote for WolfWren week (so, a lot for this pairing in a short space of time) - but honestly the latter only took two weeks, so.)
Which all makes it particularly ironic that I actually got my first treat this year, especially since I'd been considering contacting the exchange mods and telling them it was fine if they couldn't find me a pinch hitter, since I was the only outstanding match for some time.
Instead, I got these fics:
this is how it's supposed to feel (Barbie, Margot Robbie's Barbie/Gloria) by santanico
“You could get a real license, you know,” Gloria said as she turned down the street that would take them to the library. They were picking up Sasha from school, which felt as natural of a thing to do as any other. “Then you wouldn’t need me to drive you places.”
Barbie shimmied in her seat. Wiggled was more accurate.
“I like being driven.”
Gloria laughed again, a delighted sound that made Barbie’s chest hurt. It was a weird feeling. “I know you do,” she said, still grinning. Barbie didn’t know what was so funny, or why exactly it made her heart beat so hard she thought she was going to blow up into little ribbons.
This was a nice Barbie getting used to the real world and feelings fic which it turns out I am a complete sucker for.
and gift:
Prognostication (Legacies, Hope/Lizzie) by
havocthecat
All things are possible at the Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted.
Which... Havocthecat gets me, okay, and it's always a delight to get a Hope/Lizzie fic from her.
Two Padawans Walk Into A Cave... (Star Wars - Ahsoka, Sabine Wren/Shin Hati)
“It seemed like a good idea at the time,” Sabine says.
Shin grunts. “You’re not the one whose leg is trapped by fallen rubble.”
“You were trying to kill me at the time,” Sabine points out. “So I’m still somewhat inclined to think of it as a good idea. Or would be if…” She gestures at their surroundings lit only by the harsh orange actinic glare from Shin’s lightsaber lying on the rocky floor.
“You weren’t also trapped in the cave by the avalanche you triggered,” Shin finishes sourly.
“Yeah,” Sabine agrees, a little smugly if she’s forced to be honest with herself. “That.”
To be fair, a large part of my inactivity was that there seemed to be a dearth of prompts in the requests this year, which meant I just didn't have much in the qay of inspiration to write much. (I could also blame a series of illnesses - which definitely didn't help and also threw me off my writing schedule something chronic - and also all the fics I wrote for WolfWren week (so, a lot for this pairing in a short space of time) - but honestly the latter only took two weeks, so.)
Which all makes it particularly ironic that I actually got my first treat this year, especially since I'd been considering contacting the exchange mods and telling them it was fine if they couldn't find me a pinch hitter, since I was the only outstanding match for some time.
Instead, I got these fics:
this is how it's supposed to feel (Barbie, Margot Robbie's Barbie/Gloria) by santanico
“You could get a real license, you know,” Gloria said as she turned down the street that would take them to the library. They were picking up Sasha from school, which felt as natural of a thing to do as any other. “Then you wouldn’t need me to drive you places.”
Barbie shimmied in her seat. Wiggled was more accurate.
“I like being driven.”
Gloria laughed again, a delighted sound that made Barbie’s chest hurt. It was a weird feeling. “I know you do,” she said, still grinning. Barbie didn’t know what was so funny, or why exactly it made her heart beat so hard she thought she was going to blow up into little ribbons.
This was a nice Barbie getting used to the real world and feelings fic which it turns out I am a complete sucker for.
and gift:
Prognostication (Legacies, Hope/Lizzie) by
All things are possible at the Salvatore School for the Young and Gifted.
Which... Havocthecat gets me, okay, and it's always a delight to get a Hope/Lizzie fic from her.
no subject
Date: 2023-12-17 09:46 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2023-12-18 05:55 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2023-12-18 02:28 am (UTC)As to the Hope/Lizzie fic, I mean, I'm so glad we're friends!
no subject
Date: 2023-12-18 05:58 am (UTC)I'm glad we're friends too.